Q&A - How much do Family Trusts cost? What all is included in that fee?
Your complete Family Trust package prepared by Barry Peters will cost just $1,495 for an unmarried person and $1,895 for a married couple. It will include all of the following:
- Family Trust Agreement
- Last Will and Testaments
- Living Wills informing your family and physician of the medical care that you want in the event that you are in a coma
- Durable General Powers of Attorney for both medical issues and financial matters
- Warranty Deed to move your home and other real estate into the trust
- Affidavit Regarding Residence of Trust to retain your homeowner’s property tax exemption for your home
- Certification of Trust
The only additional expenses that sometimes apply are:
- If you own real estate in another state, we will arrange for a deed moving that property into your new Family Trust to be prepared and recorded. The additional cost to take care of that will be $295 for each out-of-state deed that is required.
- If you own more than three pieces of real estate in Idaho, there will be a surcharge of $100 for each additional piece of real estate to cover the additional cost of the deed preparation and recordation for the multiple properties.