ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
What follows are questions that often arise when people are either considering setting up a Will or a Trust or trying to understand more about the Probate process. To view the answer to any question, just click on the question.
- What happens if I die without a will? Will the state of Idaho take everything I own?
- Can I leave a child out of my Will? My spouse?
- What if I don’t feel my heirs are old enough to receive an inheritance yet?
- How can I keep my heirs from contesting my Will?
- Can’t I just get a Will or Trust on-line?
- What are the risks of buying an on-line Will or Trust?
- How much do Wills cost?
- If I had a Will or Trust prepared in another state before I moved to Idaho, do I need to have those documents redone now that I live here?
- How much are Estate Taxes?
- Does everyone need a Family Trust or is a simple Will adequate for some people?
- What is the difference between a Family Trust and a Living Trust?
- Will a Family Trust shield my property from creditor claims?
- How can I avoid losing my estate to Medicaid liens?
- In our blended family, how can I make sure that my children aren’t deprived of an inheritance by my spouse if I die first?
- How can I protect my child who has special needs?
- Should an Out-of-State trust be reviewed?
- How much do Family Trusts cost? What all is included in that fee?
- Do I Need a Gun Trust?
- What is probate?
- How Lengthy and Expensive is Probate?
- Why is probate required?
- Is probate required every time someone dies?
- What if I own real estate in another state?
- Is a surviving spouse required to go through probate?
- How can I keep my heirs from having to go through probate?
- How much will a typical probate cost?
- Can Peters Patchin & Associates handle Probate throughout all of Idaho?
- Can’t I deed my home to my children to avoid probate?