Living Trusts & Property Taxes

by | May 31, 2019 | Uncategorized | 0 comments

Will putting your home into the name of your Living Trust or Family Trust cause your property taxes to rise?  Not at all.

While having your home transferred into the name of the Trust, your attorney will do a couple things.

First, your attorney will prepare and file an Affidavit with the County Assessor.  This simply confirms that you are continuing to live in the house.

Second, if your home is in Ada County, your attorney will submit a new application for the exemption.

Both of these steps are relatively simple.  A complete Living Trust or Family Trust package will include these steps.

Once they’ve been done, the county will continue to tax the property as before.  You’ll continue to enjoy your Homeowners Exemption.  And, if you qualify for the Circuit Breaker benefit, that will also continue to apply.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Daniel Patchin

Benjamin Monaghan, Attorney

Benjamin Monaghan